Your privacy is critically important to us. For this reason, we have a few fundamental principles:
- We are thoughtful about the personal information we ask you to provide and the personal information that we collect about you through the operation of our services.
- We store personal information for only as long as we have a reason to keep it.
- We help protect you from overreaching government demands for your personal information.
- We aim for full transparency on how we gather, use, and share your personal information.
2. Information We Collect
We only collect information about you if we have a reason to do so–for example, to provide our services, to communicate with you, or to make our services better. We collect information in two ways: if and when you provide information to us and automatically through operating our services. Let’s go over the information that we collect.
Information You Provide to Us
It’s probably no surprise that we collect information that you provide to us. The amount and type of information depends on the context and how we use the information. Here are some examples:
- Basic Account Information: We ask for basic information from you in order to set up an account when acquiring our products.
- Transaction and Billing Information: If you acquire something from us, for example–you will provide additional personal and payment information that is required to process the transaction and your payment, such as your name, credit card information, and contact information.
Information We Collect Automatically
We also collect some information automatically:
- Log Information: Like most online service providers, we collect information that web browsers, mobile devices, and servers typically make available, such as the browser type, IP address, unique device identifiers, language preference, referring site, the date and time of access, operating system, and mobile network information. We collect log information when you use our services.
3. How and Why We Use Information
Purposes for Using Information
We use information about you as mentioned above and for the purposes listed below:
- To further develop and improve our services–for example by adding new features that we think our users will enjoy.
- To monitor and analyze trends and better understand how users interact with our services, which helps us improve our services and make them easier to use.
- To monitor and prevent any problems with our services, protect the security of our services, detect and prevent fraudulent transactions and other illegal activities, and fight spam.
- To communicate with you, for example through an email, about offers and promotions, solicit your feedback, or keep you up to date on Bernstein iModes and our products.
- To personalize your experience using our services and provide content recommendations.
Legal Bases for Collecting and Using Information
Our use of your information is based on the grounds that: (1) The use is necessary for compliance with a legal obligation; or (2) The use is necessary in order to protect your vital interests or those of another person; or (3) We have a legitimate interest in using your information–for example, to provide and update our services, to improve our services so that we can offer you an even better user experience, to safeguard our services, to communicate with you, and better understand user retention and attrition, to monitor and prevent any problems with our services, and to personalize your experience.
4. Sharing Information
How We Share Information
We do not sell our users’ private personal information. We share information about you in the limited circumstances spelled out below and with appropriate safeguards on your privacy:
- Aggregated or De-Identified Information: We may share information that has been aggregated or reasonablyde-identified, so that the information could not reasonably be used to identify you. For instance, we may publish aggregate statistics about the use of our services.
5. How Long We Keep Information
We generally discard information about you when we no longer need the information for the purposes for which we collect and use it–which are described in the section above on How and Why We Use Information–and we are not legally required to continue to keep it.
While no online service is 100% secure, we work very hard to protect information about you against unauthorized access, use, alteration, or destruction, and take reasonable measures to do so, such as monitoring our services for potential vulnerabilities and attacks.
7. Your Rights
If you are located in certain countries, including those that fall under the scope of the European General Data Protection Regulation (AKA the “GDPR”), data protection laws give you rights with respect to your personal data, subject to any exemptions provided by the law, including the rights to:
- Request access to your personal data;
- Request correction or deletion of your personal data;
- Object to our use and processing of your personal data;
- Request that we limit our use and processing of your personal data; and
- Request portability of your personal data.
If you would like to access, correct, or delete your personal data please scroll down to find out how to reach us. EU individuals also have the right to make a complaint to a government supervisory authority.
8. How to Reach Us